The Next-Generation Therapies (NGT) research program discovers and characterizes novel agents and pathways; translates these discoveries through innovative, preclinical proof-of-principle studies; and provides more effective cancer therapies to our patients.
Next-Generation Therapies program members have expertise in the following areas:
- Novel drug development platforms
- Targeting molecular pathways of resistance
- Apoptosis or cell death
- Cell cycle inhibition and epigenetic modifiers
- Membrane disrupters
- Agents that modify cholesterol/lipid peroxidation
- Various imaging modalities
Program members also collaborate with colleagues in biomedical engineering at Penn State University Park, as well as with Cancer Control research program members regarding the role of exercise in treatment outcomes for cancer patients. Additional collaborations involve work with the Mechanisms of Carcinogenesis research program on the identification of genomic markers in metastatic melanoma as potential markers of response.