Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center Research Overview
The Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center provides world-class skin cancer care, while also developing the next generation of therapies to more effectively treat or manage skin cancer. This is accomplished through cutting-edge research, early detection and state-of-the-art clinical care for patients.
The center’s multidisciplinary team includes dermatologists, surgical and orthopedic oncologists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, dermatopathologists, genetic counselors and specialized nurses who use the most advanced treatments and clinical trials to personalize treatment plans.
Why the Melanoma Center?
- During a single visit, patients are seen by physicians from multiple disciplines all under one roof. This reduces the need for repeat visits and improves the care and treatment options.
- All specialists conduct regularly scheduled multidisciplinary case reviews to discuss every aspect of patient treatment plans, from pathology results and imaging studies to the most current literature pertaining to each case.
- Clinical integration meetings bring every physician working on a case together with researchers in the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center laboratory. This collaboration enables patients to receive innovative treatment options custom-tailored to their specific disease.
- Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center mini-symposium
- Visiting scholar lectureship
- Free skin cancer screenings
- Dermoscopy training
- Media tours and radio interviews
For details on the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center Research program, contact: