Meeting your nutritional needs
When you arrive at the hospital, our dietician will perform a nutritional assessment. Your doctor will make sure that your diet is aligned with your medical needs.
If food restrictions or special diets aren’t a concern, you can order meals off a menu at certain times of the day.
We’re happy to accommodate ethnic, religious, or other special dietary restrictions.
Dining options for guests
We offer a variety of dining options at the hospital, so you can stay close to your loved one.
The main cafeteria in the hospital offers a variety of fresh entrées and snacks, including sushi, pasta, soup, and salad.
Near the rotunda on the first floor of the Medical Center’s main building
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tree House Café
Smaller than the Rotunda Café, the Tree House Café offers much of the same food options, including brick-oven pizza and made-to-order deli sandwiches.
First floor of the Children’s Hospital
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A full-service Starbucks offers coffee, espresso, tea, and snacks.
In between the Medical Center and the Children’s Hospital
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Au Bon Pain
Smaller cafe located in the Penn State College of Medicine.
- Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.