Pastoral Services - Penn State Cancer Institute
Pastoral Services - Image
Gain peace of mind through spiritual support
Our chaplains are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to support patients and their families. We provide:
- Spiritual, emotional, and sacramental support
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Empathic listening
- Consultations on difficult decisions
The Pastoral Services department ensures that patients of all faiths have their spiritual needs met in accordance with their faith tradition.
The Di and Dallas Krapf Interfaith Chapel is open at any time for prayer or meditation. It is located in the James M. and Margaret V. Stine Foundation Courtyard behind the main entrance of Hershey Medical Center. The Cancer Assistance and Resource Education (CARE) Center on the second floor of the Cancer Institute overlooks the courtyard and interfaith chapel." We offer three regular services in the Interfaith Chapel:
- Christian service: Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Catholic mass: Tuesday at noon
- Jumu'ah prayer service: Friday at 1:30 p.m
Our ministerial staff offers attentive care and counseling to patients and their families.