Kevin L. Rakszawski, MD - Penn State Cancer Institute
Kevin L. Rakszawski, MD
- Bone marrow transplantation
Dr. Kevin L. Rakszawski completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA, earning a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Biomedical Science in 2009. He also minored in Music while at the University of Pennsylvania. He then completed his medical training at Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, PA, earning his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree in 2013. Following medical school, he completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in 2016. He completed his fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in 2019. Dr. Rakszawski served as the Chief Fellow during the 2018-2019 academic year.
He joined the faculty in 2019 with a focus on Hematologic Oncology. His responsibilities in the Division of Hematology/Oncology include patient care in hematologic malignancies, bone marrow transplantation, clinical research, medical education, and resident/fellow mentorship. He also serves as the medical director of The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Rakszawski enjoys playing the trumpet, cooking, gardening, spending time with his family, and rooting for the Philadelphia sports teams.
- Hematologic malignancies
- Medical education
- Medical humanities
- Physician Champion, Clinical Documentation Improvement
- Medical Director, The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology
- Prevention and treatment of complications of blood and marrow transplantation
- Lymphoma therapeutics
- End-of-life care in patients with hematologic malignancies
- 2015-2016, Senior Resident of the Year
- Spring 2017, Penn State Cancer Institute Employee of the Quarter
- 2017-2018, Mary Louise Witmer Jones Resident Humanitarian Award
- 2016-2017, Fellow of the Year
- 2017-2018, Consultant of the Year
- 2013-2014, Categorical Intern of the Year
- 2015-2016, Award for Excellence in Research
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Leukemia and Lymphoma