Neerav Goyal, MD,MPH
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgical Oncology, Head and Neck
- Head and Neck Oncology and Surgery
- Head and neck cancer
- Head and neck malignancies
- Head and neck reconstruction
- Head and neck surgery
- Microvascular reconstruction of head and neck defects
- Minimally Invasive Radio Guided Parathyroid Surgery (MIRP)
- Open skull base surgery
- Oral cancer
- Reconstruction after skin cancer removal
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Revision and Reoperative Thyroid Surgery
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Skull base head and neck cancer surgery
- Throat cancer
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Transoral robotic surgery
Neerav Goyal, MD MPH is a head and neck surgical oncologist, microvascular reconstructive surgeon and an open and endoscopic skull base surgeon. He is an Associate Professor in the Department with joint appointments in Neurosurgery, Surgery and Public Health Sciences. He is the Chief of the Division of Head and Neck Oncology and Surgery.
He completed his medical school training at Jefferson Medical College followed by a residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. He also completed a fellowship in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Harvard Medical School.
His clinical focus and expertise is in the surgical management of patients with head and neck (oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, paranasal sinuses, neck) cancers, thyroid cancers, salivary gland tumors and skull base tumors. This interest extends to advocating for and evaluating new technologies to make surgery safer, more efficient and with better outcomes. To this end, Dr. Goyal has additional training in the use of surgical robots to assist with transoral surgery. He also has a strong focus in the reconstructive management of patients with these diseases through the use of local, regional, or free tissue to help restore form and function.
Dr. Goyal also received a Masters of Public Health from Johns Hopkins University with specific focuses on biostatistics, epidemiology and health economics. His research interests include translational and clinical research of head & neck and thyroid cancers. He also has specific interests in looking at patient reported outcomes as they relate to head and neck cancers. He is actively involved in surgical innovation.
Dr. Goyal has presented nationally and internationally with more than 60 peer reviewed manuscripts and presentations as well as several book chapters and has edited a book on robotic surgery in the head and neck.
- Chief, Division Head and Neck Oncology and Surgery
- Associate Professor of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Surgery, Neurosurgery and Public Health Sciences
- Head and Neck Surgical Oncology Disease Team Leader
- 2019, Exceptional Teaching Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society Member
- Pennsylvania Medical Society Top Physicians Under 40 – 2020
- Lion Care Award
- HCAHPS Inpatient Dean’s List – Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction
- Child HCAHPS Dean’s List – Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction
- Best Doctors in America – 2019, 2020
- Surgical innovation
- Quality of life for cancer survivors
- Thyroid Cancer
- Adverse effects of head and neck cancer treatment, Surgical Robotics
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Melanoma and Skin Cancer