David Goldenberg, MD,FACS
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgical Oncology, Head and Neck
- Head and Neck Oncology and Surgery
- Head and neck cancer
- Head and neck malignancies
- Head and neck surgery
- Minimally Invasive Radio Guided Parathyroid Surgery (MIRP)
- Oral cancer
- Revision and Reoperative Thyroid Surgery
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Throat cancer
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Transoral robotic surgery
David Goldenberg, MD, FACS, is a head and neck surgical oncologist. He was educated at the Ben Gurion University in Israel. After completing his residency in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery at Rambam Medical Center in Haifa, Israel, he went on to do a three-year fellowship in head and neck surgery and oncology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
He is currently the Steven and Sharon Baron Professor of Surgery and Professor and chair of the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Goldenberg combines a busy surgical practice with teaching and research. His clinical practice includes head and neck cancers, thyroid cancers and parathyroid disease, and transoral robotic surgery for head and neck cancer.
His clinical research focus is on outcomes and etiology of the rise in incidence of thyroid cancer, and his basic research lab and translational research focuses on thyroid cancer genomics in familial non-medullary thyroid cancer as well as radiation-induced thyroid cancer.
Goldenberg is a prolific author of more than 215 journal articles, 30 book chapters and seven books in the field of head and neck oncology and surgery, as well as thyroid oncology and surgery.
- Steven and Sharon Baron Professor and Chair, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Founding Chair, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Professor, Department of Surgery and Medicine
- Neoplasms, Neck, Thyroid Neoplasms
- Best Doctors in America – 2020
- Head and Neck Cancer