Chandra P. Belani, MD
- Medical Oncology
- Lung & Thoracic Malignancies
Dr. Chandra Belani is Deputy Director of the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute (PSHCI), and Miriam Beckner Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center & College of Medicine.
Medical SchoolSawai Man Sigh Medical College, Jaipur, India - 1981
Residency, Internal MedicineUniversity of Maryland Medical System (Baltimore) - 1984
Residency, Internal MedicineNorth General Hospital (New York) - 1985
Fellowship, HematologyUniversity of Maryland Medical System (Baltimore) - 1988
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Deputy Director
- Miriam Beckner Distinguished Professor of Medicine
- Penn State Cancer Institute
- Dr. Belani directs translational and clinical investigations across all programs and the disease teams at the PSHCI. Dr. Belani is internationally renowned for his accomplishments in the area of lung cancer therapeutics and new drug development.
- His research efforts have led to changes in the treatment paradigms for lung cancer.
- Dr. Belani plays a key role in moving promising new discoveries for the treatment of all solid malignancies from the laboratory to the clinic and serves as a leader for early phase clinical trials at the PSHCI.
- Thoracic Cancer