Suzanne B. Merrill, MD
- Urologic Oncology
- Adrenal cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Genitourinary sarcoma
- Kidney cancer
- Minimally invasive kidney/adrenal surgery
- Penile cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Robotic (da Vinci) Surgery
- Testicular cancer
- Upper tract/urothelial cancer
Suzanne B. Merrill, MD, is currently an Assistant Professor of Surgery and Urologic Oncologist in the Division of Urology at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA. She graduated summa cum laude from The University of Delaware where she received a bachelor of arts with honors in biology and chemistry. She attended The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Medicine where she graduated with AOA honors. Dr. Merrill completed her urology residency at Duke University followed by a urologic oncology fellowship at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. While at Mayo she also received a certificate in translational research science.
Dr. Merrill's clinical practice focuses on treatment of all primary or recurrent urologic cancers. She has the ability to utilize the techniques of either open or laparoscopic/robotic-assisted surgery to provide more individualized care to her patients.
Dr. Merrill currently services as the associate program director of the Division of Urology residency program.
- Associate Program Director, Urology Residency Program
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Individualizing urologic cancer surveillance following surgery to enhance patient satisfaction and promote value-based care.
- Optimizing urologic cancer care pathways following surgery to reduce complications and hospital readmissions.
- Genitourinary Cancer